3.27.2011

Katie's Top Ten Chain Restaurants

1.) P.F. Chang's - I love this place. To me, the best chain restaurant's food shouldn’t taste like a “chain restaurant”, and PF Chang’s fits that bill. I could eat the chicken lettuce wraps every day and not get sick of them.

2.) Mellow Mushroom - Pizza is my favorite food, and Mellow Mushroom is my favorite pizza. I echo Gib’s recommendation of the Magical Mystery Tour pizza. Plus, they have a great beer selection, and you can call the waiters “Dude” or “Bro”, which is fun.

3.) Zea Rotisserie and Grill - Two words: Thai ribs. Zea also has great sandwiches and salads, and they serve really good seafood. Sorry if you live outside of the Southeast and can’t go here…4.) Chick-fil-A - Yep, a fast food place made my list. I just love it. If we end up moving somewhere without a Chick-fil-A, I will cry. Actually, scratch that, we will make “Chick-fil-A accessible” a major criterion when choosing a residency. Right up there with "strength of psychiatry program". I have my priorities in line...5.) Macaroni Grill - I know people look down on chain Italian restaurants, but Macaroni Grill is really good. Anywhere that serves bread and olive oil is a-okay in my book. Yes, I have a book (you didn’t know?).

6.) Bonefish Grill - The Bang Bang shrimp is bangin’. I like this place for a more upscale chain restaurant. Good martinis, too.

7.) California Pizza Kitchen - Surprise! Another pizza place on my list. I love the pear and gorgonzola pizza, but everything they serve is good. Note: the frozen versions of their pizza in the grocery store are NOT as good, trust me.

8.) Panera Bread - I am never not in the mood for Panera. I love everything on their menu, and their bagels are killer. Suggestion: chocolate chip bagel with hazelnut cream cheese. Yes, please.9.) Moe's Southwest Grill - I liked it better when I could get a cookie with a kids’ meal (remember that?), but it is still awesome. Plus, "Moo Moo Mr. Cow" is fun to say.

10.) Five Guys - I usually feel like I’ve been shot with a tranquilizer after eating here, but isn’t that the sign of a good burger place?

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):

IHOP
Quizno's
Cracker Barrel
Zoe's
Zaxby's

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Golden Corral didn't make your list Katie? And yes, I am reading your old blog posts at work. I can't help it. You and Gib are funny. So it's your fault.

    ReplyDelete