3.06.2011

Gib's Top Ten Comedies

1) "Step Brothers" It never gets old. I could watch this everyday for the rest of my life and still crack up the whole time I am watching. This movie narrowly edged out number two on my list and is one of several Will Ferrell flicks to make my cut.

2) "Dumb and Dumber" A close second on my list. My wife and I might be able to quote this entire movie from start to finish. Jim Carey is one of the funniest humans to ever walk the face of the earth.

3) "Team America: World Police" I remember when I saw this movie in theatres and I almost vomited both from disgust and laughter. Speaking of vomit…the scene where the main character vomits uncontrollably in a back-alley for about 10 minutes might be the hardest I have ever laughed in the theatres.

4) "Three Amigos!" Possibly one of the greatest comedy casts ever assembled for a single movie. Chevy Chase, Martin Short, and Steve Martin are hilarious. Thanks to this movie, the use word “plethora” in American households is now commonplace.

5) "Airplane!" RIP Leslie Nielson. This movie is “Shirley” one of the funniest of all time and would likely make a ton of people’s Top 10 List.

6) "Blazing Saddles" There were a lot of Mel Brooks’ movies that I considered for my list, but this is my favorite. It is one of the timeless classics of comedy and has made people laugh for close to five decades.

7) "The Princess Bride" Probably one of the most quoted movies of all time. My parents enjoyed introducing me to this movie and I will enjoy showing it to my kids one day.

8) "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" At one point while we were in college my wife and I watched this movie on a weekly basis. The scene where Ron Burgundy’s dog Baxter is punted off a bridge made me tear up from laughter.

9) "Old School" When I saw the opening scene with Luke Wilson in the airport followed by his colorful exchange with a cab driver, I knew I was in for a lot of laughs. Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson are comedy gold in this movie.

10) "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" I still remember seeing this movie in theatres and to this day I have not been to see a movie where the audience was laughing as loudly or as consistently as they were during this James Bond spoof.

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
"Blades of Glory"
"Wedding Crashers"
"Talladega Nights"
"Liar, Liar"
"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

*all images from imdb.com

3 comments:

  1. No way any Farley or Sandler movies don't make either list for you guys. I mean Tommy Boy alone should be top 5 and if you add Billy Madison in...I am not sure you shouldn't shut the blog down right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and did you see Hangover? Shut it down now before this really gets outta hand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step Brothers over Dumb and Dumber? That's number one on my list of the only two things I don't love about the Gibber. (Number 2 is gratuitous tats)

    ReplyDelete