1.25.2012

MMMmm. Belgian Brews...

Boulevard -The Sixth Glass
Delicious and refreshing, this Belgian Quadrupel reminds me a lot of Unibroue's "Trois Pistoles" and "La Terrible." It pours nicely and has a reddish-amber hue with a tan head. When sticking my nose in the glass I can pick out hints of honey, caramel, figs, raisins, and of course some Belgian yeast. I would describe it as "medium bodied" and moderately carbonated. When tasting it I detect notes of citrus, caramel, nuts, apricot, and slightly bitter hops. Similar beers (other than the two aforementioned) include Avery "The Reverend," and St. Bernardus "Abt 12." I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and would probably pick up several more bottles if it were more readily available to me. I rated it as follows:

Aroma: 7/10
Appearance: 4/5
Palate: 3/5
Taste: 8/10
Overall: 16/20

No comments:

Post a Comment