1.09.2012

Better than a White Russian?

Jamaican Mudslide
Katie and I recently returned from a trip to Jamaica where we got to experience Jamaican Rum Cream in full force. They put this stuff in everything! We didn't mind though. We love the stuff, and actually brought several bottles home with us.

They make flavored versions of the rum creams, but I think I prefer the original. The coffee flavored version tastes a lot like Bailey's Irish Cream, and could probably serve as an almost identical substitute in many drinks. One example would be the traditional "Mudslide." Which calls for Bailey's Irish Cream, Vodka, and Kahlua. In honor of our recent trip, I decided to make a Jamaican version of this delicious drink, but I used the original rum cream instead of the coffee flavored one. It makes the mudslide slightly less sweet, much creamier, and allows the coffee notes to be much more balanced. The recipe is below:

1 oz Jamaican Rum Cream
3/4 oz Vodka (I used Tito's)
3/4 oz Kahlua (I suppose you could substitute another coffee liqueur but why would you??)

Combine above ingredients in a cocktail shaker and add ice. Shake vigorously for about a minute, pour into a chilled cocktail glass, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment