2.25.2011

What the list?

So, Gib and I started coming up with "top ten lists" a little while back. We came up with a topic each week (favorite funny movies! favorite bands! best meals ever!). Then we would write our individual lists throughout the week (secretly! no peeking!), painstakingly moving items around and arranging order of preference. Sometimes we added Honorable Mentions because there were just too many choices to narrow down to ten.

[Actually, I think we only actually did two or three lists...I am pretty bad at 1) coming up with my lists and 2) finalizing my lists. I am sort of indecisive, and naming my top ten whatevers of ALL TIME is kind of stressful. Lots o' pressure.]

Then, at the end of the week, in a very dramatic fashion and with much to-do, we each read our list to the other person. And then we laughed at each other's choices or said "I never knew you liked THAT!!" or said "Hey, pretty good list, there. Your opinions are right on." Things like that. Mostly, it was fun just getting to know one another a little better.

I mean, we discussed these things when we were dating, when we wanted to know EVERYTHING about each other and wanted to just talk and talk for hours...

But we kind of stopped doing that when we got married. We thought we knew everything about each other. But, you know, we didn't. And we shouldn't stop asking.

So Gib thought: hey, why don't we put these lists on a blog for all the world to see!? That would be super awesome!

And I thought: hey, maybe. Okay.

So here it is.

We are thinking maybe you could also participate. Make some lists and talk about them. It's fun.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! Nick and I need help in the conversation area, so we might have to borrow this idea. Don't worry, we won't steal your idea to blog about it. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. steal away, friend! maybe we should have a place for others to list their lists...hm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe the comments section of the blog?

    :)

    ReplyDelete