8.08.2011

Unibroue La Terrible
This is definitely one of the most delicious beers I have ever tasted. Unibroue is by far my favorite brewery as I have learned that if it has their name on it, you can pretty much bank on the fact that it is going to be awesome. This particular brew is classified as a Belgian Strong Ale and is very similar in taste to Unibroue's "Trois Pistoles" and Avery's "The Reverend." According to the Unibroue website, what sets this particular brew apart is that it is made using 100% raw materials. When I tasted it, the first thing that jumped out to me was the caramel sweetness with hints of fruitiness and spice. Plums and raisins are the first things that come to mind when thinking about which fruit flavors can be found in this beer. You can barely taste the alcohol, which at 10.5% ABV is quite an accomplishment! I rated it as follows:

Aroma: 9/10
Appearance: 5/5
Taste: 9/10
Palate: 5/5
Overall: 18/20

This is definitely one of my new favorites, and I would love to do a side by side taste test verses my current favorite "The Reverend."

No comments:

Post a Comment