7.22.2011

Katie's Top Ten Funny People

1) Bill Cosby – hands-down the best stand-up comedian ever. So clean, but SO funny. The way he tells stories is just hilarious. Add “The Cosby Show”, the best sitcom, to the line-up, and you have the funniest man alive.

2) Steve Martin – Such a funny stand-up and actor. From “The Jerk” to “Father of the Bride”, he makes me laugh no matter what he does.

3) Brian Reagan – the best stand-up that I have seen live. His comedy is really clean, and I don’t know how one man comes up with SO MUCH material.

4) Mitch Hedberg – he perfected “one-liner” comedy. Not only were his jokes hilarious, his delivery was so unique and hilarious. It’s sad that I have to refer to him in the past tense.

5) Eddie Izzard – I really love an intellectual comedian, and Izzard is definitely that. In a dress or a suit, his clever commentary on history and modern life cracks me up.

6) Conan O’brien – Another clever comedian, and O’brien is not afraid to be goofy, too. His late night show is the best, and he is SO quick with his jokes.

7) Will Ferrell – He is a great comedic actor, but he is also a great writer. His movies are some of my favorites. He is just goofy.

8) Jim Carey – He is really a brilliant actor and comedian. His physical comedy can’t be beat.

9) Jon Stewart – “The Daily Show” is recorded daily in our house. I think Stewart is really smart, and I appreciate his comedic approach to the often depressing world news and politics.

10) Ellen Degeneres – Love her stand-up and her show. I think she is really quick and really hilarious.

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):

Mel Brooks

David Sedaris

Tina Fey

Steven Colbert

Bill Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment